Therapy of advanced forms of nail fungus takes more than a year. However, in the early stages, the disease can be dealt with more quickly. To do this, create a varnish from nail fungus on the hands and feet.
Treatment of fungal nails with varnish: indications and approaches
Antifungal varnish is a tool that has recently gained relevance in the fight against nail fungus in the early stages of infection, that is, in cases where the plate is less than 50% damaged.
The tool is simple and practical: unlike ointments, it does not wipe and is not washed off after drying.
However, antifungal nail polish is only indicated in 2 cases:
- In the early stages of the disease, when up to 30% of the plate is affected and no more than 3 nails on one foot, arm. With a broader and deeper focus, antimycotic tablets cannot be ruled out.
- For the prevention of onychomycosis. The coating definitely protects the nail from re -infection.
This medication can be prescribed for self -therapy or as part of a complex treatment.
How does antifungal varnish work?
Varnishes for the treatment of nail fungus on the feet and hands have a liquid structure, are quickly absorbed and penetrate even into microcracks. The active substance begins to destroy cell membranes, enzymes and spores of pathogens. After hardening, the coating clogs the plate, preventing oxygen from leaking. Left without a basis of vital activity, the fungus stops multiplying and gradually dies.
Mycologists also prescribe medications for fungal prevention, especially for people who sweat excessively and after acrylic extensions. The resulting protective film prevents moisture, fungus, infections from entering the nail. In addition, alcohol, oils and plant extracts in the composition are disinfected and dried.
Effectiveness of treatment
Varnish from nail fungus is only effective for the prevention and treatment of onychomycosis in the early stages. The drug forms a protective coating, quickly eliminating the infection and preventing the appearance of new ones. Complete recovery occurs after 3 months of therapy, the first results can be seen after 7-10 days.
A few weeks after the end of treatment, it is necessary to take a test. Laboratory tests will show whether the infection has been completely eliminated and whether a second course is needed.
Before buying a product, consult a mycologist or dermatologist. The specialist will assess the extent and depth of the lesion, determine the stage and prescribe the appropriate varnish for nail or fingernail fungus.
How to use varnish in the treatment of nail fungus?
The frequency of use of a particular tool is indicated in the instructions. As a rule, in the first month the nails are varnished once every 2 days, on the second - twice a week, on the third - once a week. Therapy is carried out until healthy plate growth.
Lacquer against nail fungus on the feet and hands is applied according to the following scheme:
- Initial processing. Before treatment, feet or hands are steamed in a soda salt bath, washed with soap and water. Then wipe the surface dry and do a clean pedicure or manicure. The nails are cut, the top layer is polished with a nail file and rubbed with alcohol.
- Funding application. Nail polish from the fungus is applied with a brush or spatula on a dry plate. The action is done slowly and carefully so as not to injure the surrounding skin. In this case, the composition should cover the entire nail area.
- Post -processing. The drug used cannot be removed until the next procedure. However, after 10 minutes, after complete drying, decorative varnish can be applied on the curing varnish. Whether the manufacturer allows this possibility is indicated in the instructions.
Therapeutic nail polish from the fungus is not absorbed into the bloodstream and should not trigger intoxication. However, the drug is contraindicated in:
- individual intolerance to components;
- predisposition to allergic reactions;
- increased skin sensitivity;
- children under the age of 16;
- pregnancy and lactation.
Varnish is prescribed with caution in diabetes mellitus, a disease of the immune system.
Varnishes for the treatment of toenail and hand nail fungus rarely cause adverse reactions. In case of accidental skin contact, it may be obvious:
If an allergic reaction occurs, it is desirable to choose analogs with other active ingredients.
Attention! Nail fungus varnish reduces the effectiveness of combined contraceptives.
After complete recovery, patients are often re -infected with the fungus. To prevent recurrence, it is necessary to cover the nails with varnish within a month after completion of treatment.
Due attention should be paid to hygiene: wash feet and hands daily, change socks, dry shoes. Towels and slippers must be individual.
Remember: even the best nail fungus polish requires regular use. Without re-treatment, the coating will gradually disappear. As a result, there will be soil suitable for fungal development.
In conclusion, it should be said that in case of symptoms of nail damage by fungal infections, and especially if this is accompanied by favorable factors, you should seek qualified medical help.
Providing experiments with self -selection of means of therapy will not only not help in any way, but will also exacerbate the existing condition. Getting a gift in the form of fungus on the nails is very easy, but quite difficult to cure. Therapy takes a long time and is often complex, so you should not start the disease journey with your own medications.